urbanCREATIVE UK offer both HTML and WordPress CMS websites depending on your requirements. Our WordPress sites offer a full-featured web content management system providing a complete set of features for building web sites, intranets, extranets, on-line stores and community sites on an OpenSource platform that is constantly being improved and updated and is used by millions of websites worldwide. Find out more on WordPress.
urbanCREATIVE UK web design process
- Brief The first step to a successful website is for us to have an understanding of your business objectives. What do you need the site to do? What investment are you making in your overall marketing expenditure and what percentage of that is sensible to spend on your website? If you don’t know where to start please contact us.
- Proposal and Quote Once we understand your requirements you will be provided with a detailed proposal and quote.
- Supply Content You provide us with all the content, as per our discussions, for your website including text and images.
- Concept Now we need to produce a professional and functional design. We develop a design concept in accordance with your brief. Your concept will be presented to you online and developed further, if required, based on your feedback. We endeavour to address a balance between ‘design’ and ‘functionality’ with websites that look good and work effectively – download quickly, navigate easily and are search engine friendly.
- Site Build, Database Design, Programming and Testing We build the sub-pages of your site in a Content Management System, or hand-coded structured format using a combination of tables, style sheets, tables and clean code depending on your requirements.
- Search Engine Optimisation We research commonly used search phrases relevant to your business or organisation and optimise your web pages accordingly.
- Site Goes ‘Live’ After your approval, registration of your domain name and activation of your hosting account, your website is made ‘live’.
- Search Engine Submissions We manually submit your web site to a selection of popular search engines and directories.
View examples of web sites we have designed and built in our Web Design Portfolio.
Ongoing website maintenance
urbanCREATIVE UK offer three options for maintaining your website:
- Maintenance by urbanCREATIVE UK on an as-needed basis
We can carry out cosmetic or text changes to your website on an adhoc basis. Updates are charged at our standard hourly rates and to keep future costs to a minimum, we will build your we site in a structured format using tables, style sheets and clean code thus enabling maintenance, additions and updates to be carried out easily and efficiently.
- Maintenance by urbanCREATIVE UK under a support and maintenance contract
We can carry out all updates, changes, additions and image updates under a monthly agreement. This is provided for a fix monthly fee and the work is averaged out over the year.
- Maintenance managed independently by the Site Owner or Administrator
If you wish to maintain your website (or parts of your website) independently, we can use a password-restricted online Content Management System (CMS) from which you can easily update the content of your website from any PC with an internet connection.